If you follow me on Twitter, you know I spent my evening last night browsing the Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale. There were a lot of awesome steals on designer goods (I finally ordered a Burberry scarf, and my favorite Christmas present from last year is on major sale!), and there were a lot of inexpensivestockingstuffers for my friends and fam. I thought I’d share some of my favorite steals with you!
p.s. Don’t forget about the Talbots Friends & Family sale! Time to stock up on cashmere sweaters.
Today’s Delight of the Day is admittedly kind of boring, butttt I think it could help your life significantly easier. I love my Hunter rainboots. I tried several different types before I finally bought a pair, and they’d always develop a hole after a few months. Not Hunters. But I’m sure I don’t need to convince any of you prepsters to buy a pair. (Just in case, here are my favorite styles: Regents, Original in Mint.)
However, I have good news! Know how your feet are always freezing when you wear your boots? Not anymore! Nordstrom sells Shearling Insoles made specifically for Hunter boots. Pair these with some thick socks, and your toes will stay nice and cozy all winter long!
I don’t know about where y’all live, but it has been raining a lot around here. (Plus, if you wear these with thick socks, they’re great for the snow!) While I hate what the rain does to my hair, I will admit that I LOVE my rainy day accessories. That brings me to today’s Delight of the Day – Gloss Rain Boots from Hunter Boots, $135. How amazing are they in mint? (I seriously haven’t been able to get enough of that color for the last two years right now. These boots will brighten up even the cloudiest of days; wouldn’t you agree?
Fall is right around the corner, which means chilly weather and rainy days aren’t far behind. Today’s Delight of the Day will help prepare you for those days! While I love the original Hunter boots, these Hunter Cece Boots, $195, are to die for. I love the riding boot shape and think it gives them more of a sophisticated look. If only I could afford this umbrella to go with them!
About two weeks, I wrote a guest post for preppylove – one of my favorite preppy blogs! Kasey so graciously volunteered to do one for all of my lovely followers, and I couldn’t be more excited for y’all to read it! If you’re not already following her, please do! I promise you’ll love her.
Hi preps! My name is Kasey and I run the blog preppylove. I am so excited to be here at Preppy Delight today to share with you a fall preview. I absolutely love fall clothes. I would take riding boots, cashmere, and blazers anyday over shorts and tank tops. Since we are starting to think more toward back to school and the stores are putting out their fall collections, I thought we would take a look at what you are going to need going into the next season.
1. Chambray Shirt – I have a chambray button down that is lighter than this one and just love it. It goes with everything and I like to pair it with girly skirts to make them a little less obvious.
2. Suede Desert Boots – I don’t personally own any desert boots but I like the look of them. I think they would be really cool with tights, a skirt and a pretty top.
3. Hunter Boots – Hunter boots literally get me through rainy days. I hate rain so much, but it just doesn’t seem so bad when I’m wearing these shiny boots!
4. Jackie Cardigan – These cardigans are a perfect addition to most outfits. They make things look more ladylike, they are light, come in lots of colors, and are easy to just throw in your bag in case you get cold!
5. A Good Umbrella – As I said above, I hate rainy days. I always need a fun umbrella with me in case it is pouring when I get out of class!
6. Navy Quilted Vest– I think puffer vests are so cute with a long-sleeved tee, skinny jeans, riding boots, and a top knot! Perfect library or class look.
7. Navy Blazer – My favorite thing about a navy blazer, besides the ivy look, is the fact that it can be dressed up or down. Where it with jeans to class, with a dress to work… it will be perfect!